tirsdag den 6. juni 2017

The Lodo Dress

This is an Indiesew Blogger Team post. Indiesew has kindly sponsored the pattern, I've used for this post - and I'll link directly to the pattern just below.

The kind of dress that you want to wear all the time. Comfy yet elegant. This is the perfect way to describe this one! The Lodo Dress is the latest release from the talented Kelly of True Bias. Cap sleeves, two lengths to choose from, slightly cocoon shaped (you had me at cocoon shaped) and a little slit at the centre back if you fancy the longer version. Three pieces of fabric  - and a very clever finish with woven facings on neckline and armscyes. Yes, woven finish on a knit dress. And it works very well. Very clean and no bulk. You genius, Kelly.

This long version is sewn in a medium weight scuba knit. I'm definetely making a ponte Lodo as well. These stable knits are perfect for this design I think. The shorter dress is a must have for summer. So, summer. Please come. For real.

Me: 'Look at my lovely new dress.

Husband: 'Giggle'
Me: 'Why are you doing that smiling with sound thing? Don't you like it?
Husband: 'Yes, it's nice. Giggle'
Me: ????
Husband. 'Now you just need a Santa hat'
Me: ???
Husband. 'Then you'll be Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo'
Me: ROTFLMAO

If you're a South Park fan you'll know....

Well, this giant poo still loves her dress.

Kelly has a great sewalong for the Lodo on her blog. A clever and beginner friendly pattern. Beautifully shaped dress with a brillant, clean finish.  A dress that can be worn with sneakers or heels. Perfection. A little stroke of genius.

Without further ado:

Mrs. Schrøder, the Summer Poo.





  
 




3 kommentarer:

  1. Oh that is hilarious!!! (and, just so you know, not at ALL what I thought of when I first saw this...I thought, OOH! LOVE!)

    SvarSlet
  2. I think this came out perfectly! I can totally see it in other solid colours in this fabric too! Great job!

    SvarSlet
  3. Gosh, Trine - you smell an awful lot like flowers! 😋

    But seriously, beautifully sewn - looks professional!

    SvarSlet